Jeffrey Weiss ~ Speaker, Author, Engineer, Director of Training
With over two decades of experience in the disaster preparedness industry, Jeffrey Weiss has worked with renowned organizations such as FEMA, The Red Cross of America, and CERT (Community Emergency Response Team). His entrepreneurial spirit led him to establish and exit multiple businesses, currently managing two companies and a distribution partnership. He holds degrees in sustainability management from Pepperdine’s Graziadio School of Business and MIT.
As a Distinguished Toastmaster and TEDx Speaker, he is recognized for expertise in disaster preparedness, active shooter scenarios, and fostering volunteer cultures within businesses. Additionally, he is a disaster security expert, advising major entertainment industry players like Sony and NBCUniversal on aligning with security guidelines. Pioneering asset management standards and other innovations, he has left his mark on the broadcasting and data security sectors. With over three decades of dedicated volunteer experience, he continues to make a positive impact in his community.
Partial List of Previous Appearances:
Famous Interviews with Joe Dimino
Center Stage with John Hinson
The Deepak Saini Show
TWiT.TV with Leo Laporte
Digital Production BuZZ
LAPPG Post NAB Round-Up
Woodland Hills Prep Fair
The Wide World of Esports with Katharine Nohr
The Wolff Den with Matt Wolff
Esports Connected with Megan Van Petten
- Can you share some key principles of disaster preparedness that businesses should consider when developing their plans?
- With your extensive business experience, what strategies or practices have you found effective in promoting disaster preparedness within the corporate world?
- Active shooter training is a critical aspect of preparedness. What are some key elements that organizations should include in their active shooter training programs?
- What motivated you to become involved in disaster preparedness, and how has your passion for this field evolved?
- How has your background in engineering influenced your approach to disaster preparedness and response?
- With your degrees from MIT and Pepperdine in sustainability, how do you see the intersection of sustainability and disaster preparedness? Are there any sustainable practices that are particularly relevant in this context?
- In your 30 years of volunteering, can you share a particularly impactful or memorable experience related to disaster relief efforts?
- You’ve mentioned volunteering with Big Brother and Big Sisters. How can mentorship and community engagement play a role in disaster preparedness and recovery?
- How do you balance your career in the business community with your dedication to volunteer work and disaster preparedness advocacy?
- Given your extensive volunteering experience with organizations like the Red Cross and The Big Brothers and Sisters, what advice would you give to someone looking to get involved in volunteer work?
Partial List of Previous Speaking Engagements:
- Toastmaster Alumni (Winner of several competitions)
- NAB (National Association of Broadcasters)
- L.A. Games Conference
- NAMM (North American Music Merchants)
- Esports Trade Association
- Los Angeles Post-Production User Group
- L.A. Creative Professionals User Group
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers- Hollywood Chapter User Group
- American Red Cross’ quarterly training events
- Los Angeles Valley Preparedness events
- Digital Cinema Society semi-annual technical conference
- Hollywood Professional Association’s annual conference
Digital Cinema Society Post Expo
Elite Corporate Social Responsibility Training System for People Operations Executives
How to Build an Emergency Kit for Any Disaster
The Preparedness Network – Interview of Lillit Cholakian
“Having Jeffrey Weiss on our podcast was a game-changer. His deep understanding of the industry and being able to adapt to any question was invaluable, and he knows how to captivate an audience. Plus, Jeffrey adds a level of professionalism that’s hard to find. We can’t wait to have him back as a guest!”
~ Hayley Ikedda, The Wide World of Esports
~ Chris Baker, Emergency Management Specialist at FEMA
~ Leo Laporte, TWiT TV
Jeffrey Weiss’s keynote presentation at our industry tradeshow was a highlight of the event. His expertise in preparedness and survival was conveyed with enthusiasm and expertise. Jeffrey’s ability to engage the audience and provide practical takeaways was exceptional. We received glowing feedback from our attendees, and we are grateful for his contribution to our event’s success.”
~ Izzy Ree, Marketing Manager for the Disaster Expo, Fortem International
~ Wendy Walsh, Senior Event Production Manager
~ Jason Gabhart
~ Chantal Creighton, National Association of Broadcasters