Steven Campbell ~ Author
After working in hospital administration for twenty years, Steven Campbell acquired his Masters at the University of San Francisco and went on to pursue his greatest love… teaching. As both a university professor and Educational Dean in Northern California for another 20 years, he now shares the latest research on how our brains conform to the messages we give it. Understanding this opens doors to create more success in our health, personal relationships, and in our businesses.
As a member of the adjunct faculty, Steven teaches his psychology class, Your Amazing Mind: Rewiring Your Brain for Success, at Sonoma State University. Steven also writes a column for The Community Voice Magazine and is the author of Making Your Mind Magnificent – Flourishing at Any Age.
He is a mesmerizing speaker and everyone who has the great fortune of hearing him speak will walk away with a new understanding of how we think and what we can do about it. It’s not magic…it’s science!
Flourishing in these Unprecedented Times
The world has been thrown into a tailspin from this coronavirus pandemic that has left us all trying to adjust to a “new normal”. But what is that new normal and doesn’t it seem we no sooner start to adjust then it changes again?
All this uncertainty along with the fear for our safety and that of our loved ones, the economic crisis, and the fact that no one has that crystal ball to let us know how long this will go on, has been very disconcerting, to say the least.
We’re hearing the words “pivot”, “adapt”, “switch gears”, “accept”, “don’t worry it’ll all work out” thrown around so much that sometimes we just want to throw those words back right at the source from which they came.
WHY? Because our emotions haven’t been addressed! Well, how do we do that???
Steven Campbell will show you how!
He first shows that success comes from HOW WE THINK!
He then presents an eye-opening look at the latest brain research on how we can thrive in this “new normal”. After all, it’s not magic…it’s science!
Audience members will walk away with three key points:
- How you can replace the way you are thinking with a new mindset; one that is attuned to the “new normal”. Our brain then rewires itself, so this mindset becomes a part of who you are.
- A down-to-earth understanding of where our feelings are coming from, and how we can replace the fearful ones with those that flourish in whatever is to come.
- A list of practical steps to make all of this happen!
The Amazing Learning Process – It’s not magic…it’s science!
Steven Campbell, MSIS presents an eye-opening look at how our brains conform to the messages we give them. By knowing how to optimize those messages, our brains will literally rewire themselves to create new, positive self-images of how we see ourselves, and who we want to be. Understanding this opens doors to creating more success in our health, personal relationships, and our businesses.
In this presentation, you will:
- Discover how your brain learns from your thoughts and the information you feed it.
- Understand how your brain believes and accepts everything you tell it.
- Learn to think in new ways that will help you make positive life changes.
From Discouraged to Encouraged –Our feelings follow our beliefs!
Cognitive psychology is revealing that our feelings do not come from how we were raised, or events in our lives. They come from our beliefs about how we were raised, and our beliefs about events in our lives. Mr. Campbell shows that by changing change those beliefs, our feelings follow!
In this presentation, you will:
- Understand the power of beliefs over feelings.
- Learn how to move forward even when you feel discouraged.
Learned Optimism –Mr. Campbell teaches how we can actually learn to be more optimistic.
By looking at the research on learned optimism by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman, Mr. Campbell shows we are able to rise above such setbacks as job loss, financial hardship, sickness and unexpected tragedies by knowing how to change the way we think.
In this presentation, you will learn how to:
- Uncover the difference between learned optimism and learned helplessness.
- Change the way you think to rise above the challenges all of us face at one time or another.
PARTIAL LIST OF PREVIOUS SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- Rotary 2011 Interact Leadership Conference – Keynote
- Rotary 2010 District Convention – Keynote
- State Farm Insurance – Keynote
- Sons of Norway – District Six
- Kiwanis Clubs of Oakmont, Napa & Healdsburg
- Soroptimist Club of Santa Rosa
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Groups, Northern and Southern California – Keynote and All-Day Seminar
- El Camino Community College in Los Angeles – Keynote
- Napa County Office of Education – Keynote
- Drug Abuse Alternatives Center – Four Series of Ten Workshops, Keynote at Annual Fundraisers
- Alzheimer’s Association – Northern California and Northern Nevada- Keynote
- MedLite Weight Loss & Wellness in Santa Rosa
- Head Start Program in Santa Clara County – Keynote
- Ensearch Management Consultants
- TOPS (Taking Pounds Off Sensibly) – Keynote
- Oakmont Gardens – Four Series of Ten Workshops on Making Your Mind Magnificent
- Aegis of San Rafael – Ten-Workshop Series
- Merrill Gardens of Rohnert Park – Ten-Workshop Series
- Chancellor Place of Windsor – Ten Workshop Series
- Varenna in Santa Rosa – Four Series of Ten Workshops on Making Your Mind Magnificent
- Oakview of Sonoma Hills – Ten-Workshop Series
- Aegis of Napa Assisted Living – Ten-Workshop Series
- Merrill Gardens of Sonoma – Ten-Workshop Series
- The Carlisle of San Francisco – Ten-Workshop Series
- Lodge at Paulin Creek – Ten-Workshop Series
- Aegis of Corte Madera – Ten-Workshop Series
- Heffernan Insurance
- Somerford Place – Senior Community Living
- Rotary Clubs (District 5150) Ignacio, Fisherman’s Wharf, Sausalito, Tiburon-Belvedere, Mill Valley, San Rafael Harbor, Novato, San Rafael, Burlingame, Foster City, Mission San Rafael
- Rotary Clubs (District 5130) Petaluma Valley, Sebastopol Sunrise, Napa, Calistoga, Glen Ellen-Kenwood, Santa Rosa, Napa Sunrise, Santa Rosa West, Santa Rosa East, Sebastopol, North Napa, Santa Rosa Sunrise
- Rotary Clubs (District 5170) Niles Fremont, Dublin, Los Altos, San Leandro, Morgan Hill, Fremont, Saratoga, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Hayward, Campbell, Alameda, Berkeley, Los Gatos Morning
- Rotary Clubs of (District 5160) Vacaville, Vallejo, Pleasanton North, Alamo, Pleasanton, Lafayette, Benicia
- Rotary Clubs of (District 5910) Texas: Magnolia
- Rotary Clubs of (District 5890) Texas: Summer Creek/Lake Houston Satellite
- Rohnert Park Chamber of Commerce
- SIR (Sons in Retirement) Branches: 92 Oakmont, 147 Petaluma, 22 San Rafael, 100 Petaluma, 35 Los Altos, 122 San Rafael, 1 San Mateo, 68 San Rafael, 58 Petaluma, 132 Rohnert Park, 157 Healdsburg, 134 San Rafael, 47 Tamalpais, 142 San Mateo, 54 Orchard Valley, 17 Luther Burbank, 149 Napa, 76 Santa Rosa, 88 Vallejo
- Job Seekers: ProMatch, CSIX Connect, Career Action Ministries, Job Connections, Phase2Careers, Marin Professionals, Experience Unlimited Contra Costa County, SING (St. Isidore Networking Group), Reboot Connect, Connect*Work*Thrive Conference
- Real Estate: Edward Jones Winter Workshop, Dudum Real Estate Group, REAL (Real Estate Alliance of Livermore), Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate, Santa Clara County Assoc of Realtors, WCRSAC (Women’s Council of Realtors Southern Alameda County), CCRIM (Contra Costa Real Estate in Motion), VREN (Valley Real Estate Network), Tri-Cities Marketing Council, CCAR (Contra Costa Association of Realtors), Alain Pinel Realtors, Security Pacific Real Estate, Realtor Marketing Association, Oakland Berkeley Association of Realtors, Bay East Association of Realtors/Alameda Chapter, North Bay Association of Realtors
- Successful Thinkers Network – Alameda/Oakmont, Fremont
- San Mateo BEST Connect – Chamber of Commerce Educational Program
- Tri-Valley Consultants Forum
- BACN (Bay Area Consultants Network)
- TRAIN (Tracy Resource And Information Network)
- SHARE (Social and Health Agency Resource Exchange)
- CALA (California Assisted Living Association)
- O’Connor Woods Senior Living – Staff + Residents
- Golden Gate Breakfast Club
- Sebastopol Entrepreneurs Project
- Commonwealth Club
- Dale Commons
- Contra Costa Library/Danville
- Washington Township Men’s Club
- Kindango Wellness Day
- Paul Olbrantz Business Group
- Menlo Church
- WORK Petaluma
- Hogan Land Services
- ABWA (American Business Women’s Association)
- Osher Marin JCC
- VenturePad Marin
- Oakmont Sunday Symposium
“While the sound of your voice and the mind-transforming ideas you discussed are still fresh in my memory, I wanted to express the gratitude of SIR17 for your talk today at our luncheon! Your presentation was magnificent and well-received by the guys. I particularly enjoyed how you masterfully wove in storytelling together with neuroscience together with the techniques to change our beliefs. Your use of visuals was spot on… just enough to help the audience understand the message without taking attention away from you as the speaker. Your passion for teaching shows… and we are the happy recipients of your knowledge.”
~ Dennis Mangan, Ph.D., Little Sir, Sons in Retirement Branch 17 Luther Burbank (Santa Rosa)
“Steven Campbell served double-duty as Kidango’s Keynote Speaker at our annual Wellness Day event and a breakout session leader for the event. Steven brought his experience to life during his keynote with engaging stories, fantastic exercises, and the perfect balance of humor and wisdom. His keynote was the highlight of many of our attendees’ days, and in a room of almost 450 people, you could hear a pin drop during his lecture. As a session leader, Steven covered a wide range of topics not covered during his Keynote so there was no risk of duplication. Many who loved his Keynote and attended his sessions were equally impressed with both, and we’ve already had requests to bring Steven back for future events. Throughout the day, Steven was remarkably professional and approachable, holding many conversations during transition times and making sure all attendees to his sessions were made aware of additional resources. His energy level never dropped, and his genuine enthusiasm was contagious. Most importantly, every attendee left his lectures and sessions with actionable items they could begin implementing into their lives immediately. Steven was a joy for our entire organization, the perfect kickoff to our Wellness Day event, and an absolute pleasure to work with. We cannot recommend Steven highly enough.”
~ Izzy Goldman, VP Development & Communications, Kidango
“Without reservation, this was the best presentation I’ve seen in many years. Some years ago, I heard a presentation by Lou Holtz, the famous football coach, and many of the things he said have stuck with me and been useful going through my life. I would rank a presentation by Steve Campbell to be of that same caliber. Steve is a wonderful mentor and guides the audience on a journey of self-awareness and personal growth. It would be impossible to not be happier after hearing him speak, and I will carry a few of his insights on personal happiness with me for the rest of my life. I liked him so much, I bought two of his books….one to keep and one to share with important people in my life.”
~ Richard Almini, President & CEO, Legacy Mechanical & Energy Services, Inc.
“Steven’s talk about re-wiring your brain for success was terrific! It was informative, thought provoking and his presentation was perfect for our group. It was obvious that loves what he does, enjoys sharing and isn’t there to just sell books. Though there was a line up of people purchasing after the meeting! Incredibly genuine, warm and engaging. One of our best speakers this year! Thank you Steven.”
~ Barbara Benotto, Board of Directors: Public Relations, REAL (Real Estate Alliance of Livermore)
“Steven is fantastic! His talks are smart, entertaining, and educational. We’ve had him speak twice at our coworking space’s business class series and look forward to having him back in the future.”
~ Natasha Juliana, Founder, WORK Petaluma
“Thank you so much for your amazing presentation last night at the Danville Library! I’ve been booking and promoting library programs for a few years now. I think yours was the greatest I’ve ever seen — not just for your message, but for your abilities as a speaker as well. That’s no exaggeration. You can quote me on that if you want. I wish you the best of luck in your life and work. And I’d love to have you back here at the Danville Library any time we can make it happen.”
~ Jay Oliver, Librarian, Contra Costa County Library-Danville
“Steven, WOW, what a great presentation this morning. I can’t tell you how impressed I was with your presentation. Not only the content but the way you presented it in such an easy way for your audience to digest the information. Not to mention tying it to our beliefs while we’re all trying to navigate this pandemic. I thought it was perfect. Now just take the compliment and celebrate it later tonight. Don’t pass over your success!!”
~ Daniel Contreras, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Summer Creek (Humble, TX)
“One of the best Rotary presentations in years. We loved it!”
~ John Becker, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Newark
“Steven was funny, engaging, and inspiring–and taught me things I never knew about my brain!”
~ Roy Johnston, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Santa Rosa Sunrise
“You will be informed and engaged by Steve’s presentation. You will not be bored. Steve will share a number of suggestions that could change your brain if you decide to act on at least one of them. It won’t be hard. That one action, that one easy to take step, could change your life.”
~JD Miller, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Vallejo
“It is not very often that we have a speaker talk to our Realtors about how our brains function. Well we did and Steven was fantastic! he had everyone deeply engaged, he was funny and best of all I believe that he may have changed some lives by opening up their minds to change the way they think. I highly recommend him to speak to any audience.”
~ Jack Burns, Speaker Chair, Security Pacific Real Estate
“I have been the leader or co-leader for SING for nearly 15 years. I have heard over 500 speakers during this period. Steven’s talk will stand as one of our standouts…not just for our members but for me as well. I came to the meeting with a number of unresolved issues on my mind. Steve’s “Okay…I don’t care” line hit me like a ton of bricks and helped me get resolution the next day. I have since used this and his metaphors with several people I mentor.”
~ Thomas M. Loarie, Speaker Chair, SING-Transition Ministry of St. Isidore Catholic Church
“People loved him and walked away inspired and enabled! Our only regret was that not all our members came!! We will share the opportunity to go to his seminar! I bought the book and audio. Thank you for having great speakers I’m a hero! Wow who knew it was so simple to change your life! Thank you, Steven, for sharing this wonderful information and the way you are able to teach us in such a short time! We love you!”
~ Lydia Vetere, Speaker Chair, Women’s Council of Realtors Southern Alameda
“Steven was outstanding. It took only about 5 minutes into his presentation when I knew that were in for a wonderful ride….as I scanned the audience, I saw many smiling and nodding their heads in affirmation. His topic quickly tapped into some underlying challenges that we all struggle with. He frequently referenced his sources, authors and experts in the field to further punctuate his points and theories. The use of his personal stories and experiences made his presentation human and relatable. It was very apparent that his presentation was very carefully crafted over a long period of time to come to this superb finished product. I can only speak from a subjective point of view, but his presentation was by far the best we’ve had so far.
~ Scott Chambers, DC, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Niles Fremont
“Steven was a great guest speaker at our branch. We surely give him a grade of A++ ”
~ Frank Schwarz, Big Sir, Sons in Retirement Branch 1 San Mateo
“I’ve been meaning to contact you about Steven Campbell’s presentation to our club, but I wanted to wait until I could really sit down and tell you how AMAZING we thought he was! Steven’s presentation on “How We Learn” was inspiring, thought-provoking, and perfectly executed. He has an incredible way of turning science and complex theories into accessible and easy to understand information. He is a phenomenal teacher who truly knows how to engage his audience. I feel I can speak for the group when I say that we all left his presentation with a better understanding of ourselves and the power of our thoughts. Thank you very much for arranging for him to speak to our club!”
~ Megan Mordecai, Administration Chair, New Generations Rotary Club of Santa Rosa
“While in graduate school I was an assistant speech and debate coach. I tend to be a bit judgmental at conferences and judge speakers like I’m at a collegiate tournament (not a trait I’m particularly proud of but nonetheless). You, kind sir, are one of the best speakers I’ve heard in a good long while. You held that room’s attention even though you had a tough time slot, directly after lunch. Did you notice when you were closing you could hear a pin drop? Many thanks for a terrific, possibly life altering, afternoon! I needed to hear your words. I think that picking your session was quite likely a “God thing.””
~ Carol Pickard, Attendee, CALA Conference 2016
“Steven’s presentation was dynamic, engaging and entertaining. We all walked away with some great information that we could all use personally and professionally. I think everyone, young and old, should listen to one of his talks to help them live the life they dream of…it’s possible using some of the techniques he shared!”
~ Kelly Miller, Programs, TRAIN Tracy Resource And Information Network
“Steven Campbell had the Chamber members spellbound with his engaging style and subject matter. He has the right mix of science, story and humor that keeps everyone interested and looking for more information. I had no idea that our minds were so powerful.”
~ Pam Stafford, Rohnert Park City Council Member
“Bottle him up and let every caregiver have a case!”
~ Northern California Alzheimer’s Association
“I have been traveling, but postponed leaving for Colorado so I could hear Steve talk, and I am glad I did. His explanation of how our brains process what we tell it was eye opening, and undeniable when you think about it. Thank you very much for arranging his speaking to us.”
~ Ed LaBarre, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Sausalito
“When I first heard Steve, it seemed that after he started speaking, suddenly it was over! He was fabulous and his ideas were amazing, I bought his book and literally started reading it while I walked away after his presentation.”
~ Michelle A. Douhitt, Sacramento, CA
“In all my years as a practicing psychologist I have attended many seminars on the brain and behavior…but none quite like yours. “Intelligent Heart” is such an apropos name! Your style of presentation is so intellectually and emotionally palpable it’s actually scintillating at times. The material seems fresh and exciting even if it already familiar. Everything comes alive.”
~ Kelley Shawn Dolan, Ph.D
“Stephen came to our Rotary Club, and gave a very captivating presentation. He had his audience at full attention within the first 2 minutes of his presentation. His topic was of a nature that was very new information for our club members. I highly recommend Stephen if your group needs a speaker.”
~Dee Patel, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Vacaville
“I think it would be safe to say that Steve changed several people’s lives after listening to his presentation. I would recommend Steve as a lecturer, speaker, or mentor to anyone interested in improving his or her life of business career. If you ever have the chance to go listen to one of Steve’s presentations, DO IT. You will not be sorry.”
~ Michael Sinatra, Service Category: Writer/Editor
“Steven was everything you said and more. He was entertaining, funny, thought provoking, informative and very personable. I can see why people flock to a full day seminar with him! Every comment so far has been positive!
~ Mike Hoffman, Program Chair, Rotary Club of Foster City
“Within 30 minutes, I learned a few actionable tips from Steven on how to get my brain working for me in a positive way to remove self-limiting beliefs and begin a new life today.”
~ Edward Niu, Rotary Club of San Leandro
“Steve has the ability to “strike home” with the manner in which he presents his topic “How We Learn” which leaves you thinking “‘Huh, how come I didn’t know that?” He has a gentle way of persuasion. Our group already wants him back to speak on the topic of “Feelings”.”
~ Hilary Toyryla, Speaker Chair, Job Connections
“Steven is engaging and an all-pro speaker. He knows how to take over an audience and keep them interested. I would recommend him for any audience of any age.”
~Chuck Seebock, Little Sir, Sons in Retirement Branch 147 Petaluma
“Steven presents a clear roadmap for how we might better utilize our most important asset, our brain. His simple-to-understand lecture makes it easy for anyone to walk away with a game plan to improve their cognitive capabilities and learning skills.”
~ Boku Kodama, Director, Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, San Rafael
“Steven combines scientific information with an entertaining delivery which makes for a captivating presentation. There were several people from our Rotary Club who asked for his contact information so that they could schedule him to speak at other organizations. I highly recommend him to any group that is looking for a speaker or motivational workshop leader.”
~ Tina Orsi-Hartigan, Rotary Club of Los Gatos
“Steven’s presentation hit all the right notes and was well received. He is able to take a large amount of information and synthesize it for the group. He works the room well and has plenty of humor mixed in. Very solid presenter with only 30 minutes. Impressive.”
~ Dick Bugarske, President, Kiwanis Club of Healdsburg
“He was perfect…..I looked at the faces in the crowd and they were all focused and engaged in the topic…..and he knows how to hold em. I think he sold a bunch of books too……once again you have provided me with a winner.”
~ Bob Nuell, Little Sir, Sons in Retirement Branch 22 Ignacio Pacheco (San Rafael)
“Steven was a very polished speaker. He was very engaging and connected with the audience. I was sitting in the back of the room and it was clear that he held the attention of the audience for the entire length of his talk.”
~ Jack Blasco, Rotary Club of Sebastopol
“Steven reinforced for me the study of the brain that I have spent my whole life working on. Just about the time I get it…something comes up that catches me up in my own negative behavior. I KNOW many people who spoke to me after the presentation felt the same way. He truly is a gift to all of us working hard to stay on the right path! I have his CD in my car and I look forward to playing it every time I shut the door.”
~ Rafaela Morillas, Oakmont Kiwanis
“Steven’s presentation was very entertaining and educational. I believe anybody that would like to improve their outlook on life would benefit from Stevens presentation.”
~ Mark Wieszczyk, Little Sir, Sons in Retirement Branch 76 Santa Rosa
Make Your Mind Magnificent and Overcome Odds of Success